The community environment and parent achievement is the focus of this area. Multiple strategies are used vĩ đại reduce family mobility, provide fresh food for low-income families and seniors, increase literacy, and promote adult career technical educational classes vĩ đại foster family economic mobility.
Bạn đang xem: nhen
- Cal State East Bay
- City of Hayward
Purpose and Outcomes Monitored
HPNs collaborative is centered around three Networks, each of whom oversees a phối of GPRAs (Government Performance Results Act) within each cradle-to-career segment. Network meetings are used for HPNs partners vĩ đại develop a shared language and mutually reinforcing activities and build opportunities for collaboration.
HPNs collaborative partners also monitor their solutions (program-level) by measuring the number of participants, how well the program was implemented, and equity outcomes. Over 4,442 (duplicated) residents were served in 2021 through NHEN partner solutions.
ELN GPRAs and Solutions:
- GPRA 6: Percentage of children (7th - 12th grade) who report consuming 5+ servings of fruits and vegetables daily
- Promotoras de Salud (Tiburcio Vasquez Health Center)
- GPRA 7: Percentage of children (7th - 12th grade) who report feeling safe at school and traveling to/from school
- Parent Awareness Program (formerly the Parent Awareness of Opioids and Other Substances Program) (Eden Youth and Family Center)
- Youth Advisory Council and Awareness Program (Eden Youth and Family Center)
- Community Counseling Clinic (Cal State East Bay)
- Behavioral Supports (K-6) (Hayward Unified School District)
- Parent Ambassador Specialists (La Familia Counseling Services)
- Community Clinician (La Familia Counseling Services)
- Reentry Treatment Team (La Familia Counseling Services)
- GPRA 8: Student mobility rate (K - 12th grade)
- Community Leadership Initiative (Cal State East Bay)
- Community Resident Engagement Specialists (CRES) (Cal State East Bay)
- GPRA 10: Percentage of students (7th - 12th grade) who have school and/or trang chủ access vĩ đại broadband mạng internet and a connected computing device
- COVID-19 Tech Lending Library (City of Hayward)
- Eden Youth Computer Clubhouse, Case Management, and Mentoring Program (formerly Transition vĩ đại Jobs and Technology Education; formerly the Digital Literacy/Technology, Job Readiness, and Life Skills Program) (Eden Youth and Family Center)
NHEN has led key initiatives before and during the COVID-19 pandemic that have been responsive vĩ đại community needs. Below are some examples of solutions coordinated with HPNs participating agencies and community leaders:
- COVID-19 School Supply Drive (City of Hayward): In 2020 and 2021, the City of Hayward partnered with Glassbrook, Ruus, and Tyrell elementary schools vĩ đại provide students with school supplies necessary for remote learning. They also gave every student two books for their trang chủ library.
- COVID-19 Tech Lending Library (City of Hayward): The City of Hayward Public Library, working closely with HUSD, loaned computing devices (Chromebooks, tablets) and wifi hotspots vĩ đại HUSD students, as needed. Families could check-out the technical equipment by completing a Borrowing Policy & Agreement Form and presenting a valid Hayward Public Library thẻ number or HUSD student ID thẻ number. Students can keep the devices for a period of one year, until June 1, 2021.
- Food and Meal Distribution: Connected families vĩ đại expanded food distribution programs throughout the đô thị in collaboration with the City of Hayward, Chabot College, Alameda County Food Bank, Hayward Area Recreation and Parks District, Hayward Unified School District. 4Cs of Alameda County also launched an “HPN Community Store” stocked with food and cleaning supplies (donations from community members), and allowing families in need vĩ đại select what they needed for their homes.
- Neighborhood Clean-Up: HPNs coordinates community clean-up days in partnership with the City of Hayward in response vĩ đại residents concerns for safety.
- Housing Relief Funds/Rental Assistance: Collaborated with the City of Hayward and Bay Area Community Services vĩ đại connect SHPN families vĩ đại public and private housing relief funds and vĩ đại share information about rental assistance at all of HPNs events.
- COVID-19 Vaccinations: A partnership between Tiburcio Vasquez Health Center, the Hayward Fire Department, and the Alameda County Department of Public Health, resulted in a COVID-19 vaccination site at the Hayward Fire Station 7 in South Hayward in February, 2021.
- COVID-19 Mobile Strike Team: HPN CRES Team, ACPHD Mobile Strike Team, TVHC Promotoras and neighborhood apartment owners organize events in apartment communities vĩ đại vaccinate children and their families.
Families: How vĩ đại access services
If you live in the Tennyson-Harder area of South Hayward or have children that attend an HPN partner school (Glassbrook ES, Tyrrell ES, or Ruus ES) in South Hayward, you may reach out vĩ đại your school’s Family Engagement Specialist. Additional programs and services will be listed in the HPN calendar.
Partners: How vĩ đại get involved
To participate in NHEN, you must be an agency or individual interested in supporting equity outcomes for children and families in South Hayward or partnering HUSD schools, commit vĩ đại attending a monthly meeting, and tư vấn coordinated initiatives.
- "It feels good vĩ đại not have fear, vĩ đại know your rights, vĩ đại know the system, vĩ đại navigate the system, and vĩ đại have the ability vĩ đại propose solutions." - Julieta Martinez, Promotora (Community Health Promoter)