From Wikipedia, the miễn phí encyclopedia
|The Boys Next Door
Bạn đang xem: the boy next door
|George S. Clinton (as Geo)
|New World Pictures
|CAD 3 million
The Boys Next Door is a 1985 American adventure-crime drama film about two teenage boys who leave their small town home page on the day of their high school graduation and embark on a crime and murder spree.
Roy Alston (Maxwell Caulfield) and his friend Bo Richards (Charlie Sheen) are two outcasts of their high school community. Bo receives $200 as a graduation gift from his grandparents. Facing a lifetime of working xanh rờn collar factory jobs, the boys spontaneously decide vĩ đại use the money vĩ đại go on a vacation vĩ đại Los Angeles.
Xem thêm: Tại sao ruồi thích bám vào người?
During the drive vĩ đại Los Angeles, Bo and Roy rob a gas station and beat the attendant (Joseph Michael Cala) with a tire iron. The next day, the boys go vĩ đại a beach boardwalk, where Roy throws an empty beer bottle and it hits an elderly woman (Helen Brown) on the forehead. Three young women (Claudia Templeton, Mary Tiffany, and Marilou Conway) see this, and they chase Bo and Roy vĩ đại a parking lot. The women yell at the boys and damage their siêu xe. Enraged, Roy starts the siêu xe and drives around in circles in the parking lot with the women still on the hood. After several loops, Roy throws the siêu xe into reverse, throwing one of the women from the hood off the siêu xe. After the incident, one of the women finds Bo and Roy's dog, Boner the Barbarian, and reads its ID tag, which leads vĩ đại speculation of where Bo and Roy are from.
During a visit vĩ đại La Brea Tar Pits, Bo expresses his wish that the world could just "go caveman" for one day, abandoning all rules and order. Roy agrees, and they spend their evening on the streets of Los Angeles.
Several additional encounters lead vĩ đại more deaths, including a gay man they meet at a bar, Chris, (Paul C. Dancer), a young couple (Richard Pachorek and Lesa Lee), and an older woman Angie Baker (Patti D'Arbanville) whom Roy kills while she is having sex with Bo. Eventually the duo are tracked and found by the LAPD and chased into a shopping mall. After unsuccessfully trying vĩ đại steal some guns, Bo tries vĩ đại talk some sense into Roy about surrendering. Roy refuses, and he orders Bo vĩ đại give him the gun ví he can go out in a "blaze of glory". Bo refuses and shoots Roy when he tries vĩ đại take the gun away. The police surround Bo and ask him why he killed his friend. Bo replies, "Because I had vĩ đại." Bo is then arrested and led away while reporters snap photos of him.
- Charlie Sheen as Bo Richards
- Maxwell Caulfield as Roy Alston
- Patti D'Arbanville as Angie Baker
- Christopher McDonald as Detective Mark Woods
- Hank Garrett as Detective Ed Hanley
- Paul C. Dancer as Chris
- Richard Pachorek and Lesa Lee as The Couple
- Kenneth Cortland as Dwayne
- Moon Unit Zappa as Nancy
- Dawn Schneider as Bonnie Roberts
- Kurt Christian as Shakir
- Don Draper as Mr. Heaton
- Blackie Dammett as The Bartender
- Phil Rubenstein as Gutfield
- James Carrington as Ross
- Grant Heslov as Joe Gonzales
- Michael Lewis as Kanter
- Leonard O. Turner as Sergeant
- Vance Colvig Jr. as Old Man
- Jeff Prettyman as Al
- Claudia Templeton as Girl At Beach
- Ron Ross as Drunk
- Carlos Guitarlos as Patient
- Helen Brown as Old Woman At Beach
- Hettie Lynne Hurtes as Anchorwoman
- Sarah Lilly as Female Officer
- Jimmy Ford as Bob, The Jock
- Mary Tiffany and Marilou Conway as Women
- James Bolt, Mark Stanton, and Kevi Kendall as Students
- Joseph Michael Cala as Gas Station Owner
- Carmen Filpi as Bum
- Christina Beck as Punk Girl
- John Davey as Watkins
- Geoff Brewer as Security Guard
- Toby Iland as Tom
- Richard Halpern as Boy
- John Escobar and Ray Lykins as Policemen
- Judie David as Female Security Guard
- Texacala Jones, Pinkie Tessa, Tequila Mockingbird, Maggie Ehrig, and Ted Quinn as members of the Street Band
According vĩ đại director Penelope Spheeris' DVD commentary, The Boys Next Door had vĩ đại be cut and submitted vĩ đại the MPAA ten times vĩ đại get an R rating. Scenes that were cut or changed include:
- The scene where a gas attendant is beaten was shortened vĩ đại lessen the intensity and sound effects were toned down.
- A scene depicting the murder of Chris was cut down (mostly sound effects were heavily toned down).
- A scene in which Roy shakes and kills Angie Baker (by breaking her neck) was heavily cut down, with various shots removed vĩ đại lessen the intensity.
The Boys Next Door (entitled "No Apparent Motive" in Australia) was released on VHS in 1986 by New World Video. The DVD was released on May 15, 2001, by Anchor Bay Entertainment. The DVD includes commentary by director Spheeris and co-star Caulfield, a trailer and talent bios. The film was later released on Blu Ray by Severin Films.
Time Out London called The Boys Next Door superior vĩ đại Spheeris' previous work Suburbia (1984) in that it didn't try vĩ đại sympathize with the two lead characters while still letting in a "glimmer of understanding into the murderers' feelings." Vincent Canby, comparing the film vĩ đại Over the Edge (1979) for its negative picture of a California teenager and vĩ đại Badlands (1973) for its "lean and unsentimental" atmosphere, described it as a "very well made, disorienting movie about inarticulated despair and utter hopelessness." He praised the performances of Caulfield, Sheen, and D'Arbanville in the film.
- The Boys Next Door at IMDb
- The Boys Next Door at Rotten Tomatoes